UV Water Filter
R1,160.87 – R2,343.48
Ensure your water is safe with ultraviolet (UV) water purification and disinfection. Ultraviolet systems use UV light to produce purified water for the entire house. Without adding or taking anything away from water, UV Water Filter disinfection is a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly way to remove 99.99% of harmful waterborne microorganisms.
Speak to our sales team to find out more about becoming a dealer and getting wholesale pricing.
The Designer Water, UV Water Filter.
Aging infrastructure in many cities can lead to an increase in possible contamination. Ultraviolet technology can give peace of mind, knowing that you’re protected from many of the culprits of water contamination. A UV water purification system effectively destroys 99.9% of waterborne microorganisms. In this section, we explore the advantages of ultraviolet, the parts of a UV system.
UV Water Filter Features:
- We use high quality SS304 Stainless Steel in our products.
- Very efficient ballast, with low power consumption
- High quality packaging, we use strong carton box which insures safety during transportation
- Durable, leak avoidance design
Advantages of Our UV Water Filter | Ultraviolet Water Purification
Municipal water suppliers perform the necessary operations to meet water quality standards. But UV purification systems take water purification to a higher level—providing a safe solution against chlorine-resistant microorganisms such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium which cause thousands of documented health cases each year.
The advantages of using a UV water filter system are many:
- Effective – Destroys 99.99% of microorganisms
- Chemical free – no harmful chemicals need to be added
- Environmentally Friendly –Go green! UV is an environmentally friendly alternative to chlorine disinfection and has no disinfection byproducts
- Essentially trouble-free – once installed, annual service is usually all that is required
- Reliable – works night and day, 24/7, consistently keeping water safe
- Safe – no handling of chemicals
- Cost-Effective –only lamp & sleeve replaced annually
- Clean – no dirty parts to dispose of
- Quick Process – water flows through the system without need for holding tank or reaction times
- More effective than chlorine or chloramines– especially on some water borne cysts
- Low energy usage – low electrical needs
- FDA Approved – one of only 4 methods approved for disinfection by US Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Conserves water – The UV purification process does not waste any water
- Taste and odor – Chemical disinfection methods (such as chlorine) change the taste & odor of water and produce byproducts. UV does not.
What is UV Water Purification?
Ultraviolet or “UV” is a type of energy found in the electromagnetic spectrum, lying between x-rays and visible light. Although we cannot see UV light or rays, we are exposed to them every time we step out into the sun. In fact, UV light is responsible for causing sunburns.
UV Water Purification systems use special lamps that emit UV light of a particular wavelength that have the ability, based on their length, to disrupt the DNA of micro-organisms. These UV light waves are also referred to as the Germicidal Spectrum or Frequency. The frequency used in killing micro-organisms is 254 nanometers (nm). As water passes through a UV water treatment system, living organisms in water are exposed to UV light which attacks the genetic code of the microorganism and rearranges the DNA /RNA, eliminating the microorganism's ability to function and reproduce. If a microorganism can no longer reproduce, it cannot replicate, therefore it cannot infect other organisms with which it has contact. This process of exposing water to UV light is simple but effective, destroying 99.99 percent of harmful microorganisms without adding any chemicals to water.
Contaminants UV Addresses:
- Typhoid Fever
- Infectious Hepatitis
|UV Lamp Size|
16W – 456 LPH, 25W – 1362 LPH, 35W – 2000 LPH, 55W – 2700 LPH